Biography - Splashed with Reality

            Wind rushing through my hair, tips of waves licking my feet, sunrays beaming down on me. It’s summer, and I’m flying across the lake on a jet ski, with my friend on the back with me. It was my first time on a jet ski, and I absolutely loved it. Something about the speed and thrill of skipping across the water really exhilarated me. I was 13 years old, staying at a friend’s house on the lake. 
            We’re having the time of our lives, when suddenly, I see something in the side view mirror. It’s the last thing I want to see: red and blue lights. So, I “pull over,” which, doesn’t really mean anything in the middle of a lake. I turn off the jet ski and look at my friend. Neither of us are smiling anymore. The police boat pulls up next to us, and the two officers ask me to step on their boat. They start grilling me with questions, asking me if I have a license or proper safety gear with us. Of course, we don’t. I’m on the boat for almost 20 minutes before they let me go. My friend and I slowly drive the jet ski back to his dock and park, with our day ruined.
            And that is how I received my first traffic citation, for failing to provide a license and not having proper safety gear while operating a watercraft vehicle. Who knew that the Brazos River Coast Guard would be the ones to give me my first ticket?
sea water ocean sky sport wave summer vacation recreation vehicle sailing blue extreme sport speed jetski activity power fun sports boating fast watercraft motorsport water sport jet ski outdoor recreation wind wave surfing equipment and supplies powerboating personal water craft
Jet Ski

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Physical Therapist

Week 9 Story: How the Boys Learned to Shoot