Week 8: Comments and Feedback

The feedback I receive from other students is beneficial when drafting new stories because it gives me insight on some things I could try that I wouldn't have thought of myself. Overall, I'm pleased with the comments and feedback I receive from other students. It helps me as a writer to see the story from other people's perspectives, which is really nice. When leaving feedback for other students, I try not to hold back, because I think a comment or feedback that criticizes the story is actually more beneficial than a comment that just says "good job." Not saying that I try to rip other student's stories apart when I give feedback, but I try to look for things that could use some tweaking and point it out to students. I enjoy that people leave comments on my blog, especially my introduction post, and I enjoy being able to learn about other students from their introduction too. However, being an online class, you can only learn so much from your peers, so I'd say I still don't know the other students very well, and that's OK. I feel like people wouldn't be as creative or daring with their stories if it were an in-person class because they would feel more judged. Going forward, I look to continue learning from my peers and getting a different perspective from them in their feedback, and I plan to continue giving good feedback to help others with their story.
I think this is an important message because we don't develop new ideas or different perspectives unless we're given feedback in some way or another. Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Physical Therapist

Week 11 Story: The Chicken, Cow, and Spider