Growth Mindset

I believe the growth mindset is a good tool for learning. A person doesn't learn new things unless they are challenged, of course. Personally, I think I am a little in between a growth-minded and a fixed-minded person. There are a lot of ideas that I can open up to, such as hearing different strategies to accomplish a task. However, there are also some circumstances where I don't want to change my opinion, and can become stubborn or stuck on an idea. I don't think everyone needs to be super open minded, however. The problem I have with the growth mindset philosophy is that constantly being challenged and tested on one's abilities will eventually lead to a great amount of stress in the body. Although we think of stress as just an emotion, it is actually very harmful to our bodies longterm and can be responsible for a lot of chronic health problems. It is OK to not be challenged sometimes, because our brain needs a break from super challenging critical thinking every now and then.

mindset programmer machine learning brain mind think technology smart intelligent education people illustration human head creative abstract business concept design face genius idea intelligence woman modern person silhouette symbol blue organism human behavior font sky graphic design graphics computer wallpaper electric blueCritical thinking mind
Click here for link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Physical Therapist

Week 9 Story: How the Boys Learned to Shoot